Wednesday, April 28, 2010

DOVE VS. AXE

Real Beauty really?



When I first saw the dove campaign for real beauty I thought they must really wanna help heighten some peoples self esteem. But after I saw this picture i wasn't sure anymore if what i thought was right. One thing that i know for sure is companies don't do things for free. Everything they do has a reason behind it. Each one of these people are not over sized or ugly they are you everyday "typical" person. Why don't they include over sized people or even the "not nice" looking ones. Because of one reason that is not a good way to display their product. To me the Dove campaign for real beauty is jut another marketing grab.

Axe Effect
Axe is popular for it's commercials which display the Axe Effect. Every time I see this commercial it makes meroll my eyes in disgust. The Commercial is over exaggerating too much saying that girls are attracted to this smell. Personally I don't really like the smell of axe and as a girl i'm 100% sure that mobs of girls are not going to chase after guys who wear axe. The commercial shows girls in bikinis to attract more men to watch and buy there product.spray02.jpg (320×240)

I think that as a Parent Company for both products UNILEVER is not responsible in ensuring that all sectors uphold the same beliefs and values because this is life. A company will do whatever it take to make money and i don't find that wrong. That is why we learn to not believe in messages the media gives because most of the time they are just lies that try and get your money.




1 comment:

  1. Ofcourse everything is a marketing grab, but what Dove is doing with the young girls and teaching them about self esteem, I think is very beneficial in today's society and they were smart enough to snag that idea first.
    Another than that, I totally agree with everythign else you had to say with the Axe commercials.

    ReplyDelete